Well, to say I have dropped the ball again would be an understatement. I have been tracking the weather for my location but I haven’t actually added to my blanket since the middle of January. I am about a month behind with the actual yarn work. BUT, I do have some pictures to share of the process.
First, this is how I am keeping myself straight. I created my scale (it is only slightly different from what was provided in the original post). I used a swatches of each skein of yarn to help me keep them in order.
Then, I created this color-coded spreadsheet. Some friends have called me “extra” but I am such a visual learner, that this helps me a lot. It is also color-coded in a way that whenever I type in a number, it automatically adjusts the cell color based on my set scale. I also added the checkboxes for each cell so that I know where to pick up when I start crocheting each day (on the days that I actually crochet). So, as you can tell from this picture, I have only crocheted through January 15th.
Here is what it looks like so far:
This is only 15 rows. I hope to get caught up this weekend. I am using a ripple afghan pattern that can be found here.
I have seen this picture at the beginning of each year on Facebook for the last few years.
Naturally, it was shared again at the beginning of 2019. I wasn’t going to attempt this BUT Michael’s just happened to have their Yarn Week sale at the beginning of January. So, it was the perfect time to buy 8 skeins of yarn and to start a new project!
I am a little Type A, So I created a color coded Excel spreadsheet with check boxes to help me keep track of my rows. I am keeping up pretty well so far. However, I think it looks pretty ugly at this point. I will post a picture of how it is coming along towards the end of January.
I decided to go with a chevron ripple stitch pattern instead of the pattern shown in the post. I like the shape so far, the colors just are not as excited to me. I am hoping that over the course of the year, it will look more appealing.
While taking a little break from my Santa Sack Hats, I decided to try a pattern that I found from Knit and Crochet Daily. This pattern was super quick and easy to follow. I think it took me about 20 minutes to complete the project including tieing in the ends and sewing on the button.
This Coffee Cozy can easily fit around take-out cups and regular sized mugs. It can easily be altered to fit larger cups and mugs as well. I plan to make mine a little bigger the next time I make it. I usually have to use crochet hooks two sizes bigger than specified, but I tried this one with using a hook only one size bigger than specified. I should have followed my normal plan!
By the way, I love the basketweave style of this and the yarn color! So pretty!
It sure has been awhile! Work, Grad School, and Life have just been getting in the way of me completing new projects. I have done a couple of things but nothing really exciting until my Santa Sack Hat. I got this pattern from The Stitchin Mommy and fell in love. I created my first hat by following the pattern exactly as written on her site. I had baby red yarn but used regular Red Heart Super Saver for the white. I liked it but I didn’t love it. Here is a picture:
The white just seemed a little too bulky, so I decided to invest in some white baby yarn. This made all of the difference! Below is a picture of my next almost complete hat (I need to add the pom poms) and now I am loving it!
Yes, I had to put it in a Ziplock bag – I am making this as a gift and want to make sure it stays dog-hair-free!
So I now have 5 more to make and I’ve started with doing the white ribbing first and then I will add the red later. In my next post, I will write how I changed the pattern to meet my needs.
I got the idea for these from Maria’s Blue Crayon. It caught my attention on Pinterest and I figured I would give it a shot. I changed the pattern as necessary to fit my needs and they turned out way cuter than I expected. Plus, they are just in time for Football season!
The pattern itself was pretty basic – a chain of 70 slip stitched together to form the round. I did 10 rounds of half-double crochets and TADA – I had my base. The cinching part of the ear warmers was also pretty simple. Maria’s Blue Crayon linked to Little Monkey’s Crochet for instructions on cinching. Then I just had to tie in my ends and they were complete. I think it took me about an hour for one of these. But that included breaks to look at Facebook and the distractions of my dogs, husband and the TV. I think I could get them done quicker if I was totally focused – but when does that actually happen?
I completed the dark grey earwarmer headband first, and I was pleased with it. But the red one blows me away. You can really see the stitches and the details. I am in love with this pattern and it could be done in ANY color which is always a plus.
It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to Little Mrs. Maffett’s Creations. I’ve been crocheting and crafting for years. Recently, I have been making more and more products. Rather than continually posting them on social media and bombarding my friends with my pictures, I decided to create this blog. Many of my patterns, I have found for free on Pinterest or other sources. Sometimes I change the patterns to meet my needs. I will be posting links to places that I have used for inspiration for all of my projects. If I can remember, I also want to create step by step pictures, descriptions and reviews. I will keep you posted on that as I don’t always stop mid-project to reflect.